A GUIDE TO PASSAIC
- Bikur Cholim supports members of our community who are in crisis resulting from a medical situation. Our mission is one of both Chessed and Tzedaka. Please visit the Our Services page for a full description of our mission and programs.
- Tomchei Shabbos is the same organization as Hand-in-Hand. They dedicate their time and resources to basic needs of people in the community who do not have enough money to put adequate food on their tables.
- Somaich Achim supports the Jewish community through JFS with dedicated case workers who attend to the needs of families/individuals that have desperate need for assistance and fit in one or more of three categories:
- In danger of homelessness
- Family member potentially in need of psychiatric hospitalization
- Need to potentially involve child protective services
It should be stressed that these organizations work well together and function, in many ways, as a team.